Our laboratory has a complete complement of testing equipment used to inspect and analyze the results of treatments performed in our plant.
For future reference, a permanent graph or digital chart provides a record of the treatment of each lot of material. These records indicate any processing parameters.
Metallographic equipment is used to determine proper microstructures and adherence to the desired results. It further tells you that the surface integrity has been maintained. Photomicrographs provide information regarding decarburization of steel parts, Alpha case of Titanium, bonding characteristics of brazed or welded structures as well as revealing defects that lead to part failure.
Terms and Conditions Agreement
- CERTIFICATE OF COMPLIANCE – As applicable, the supplier shall provide certification with each shipment/service to attest that the product/service conforms to the order requirements. Certification must contain the following as applicable: part or service information, name and address of manufacturing or processing provider, manufacturer’s batch information (i.e. lot, heat, batch, date code, serial number), quantity and unit of measurement.
- CHEMICAL AND PHYSICAL ANALYSIS – Supplier shall provide a chemical and physical analysis as applicable.
- RIGHT OF ACCESS – Right of access shall be granted to Vac-Met, Inc., its customers and regulatory authorities to all applicable areas of facilities and to applicable documented information, at any level of the supply chain.
- FLOWDOWN REQUIREMENTS – All applicable requirements (i.e. process, product and services to be provided; including the identification of relevant technical data (i.e. specs, drawings, process requirements, work instructions)) that are invoked or applied to the customer’s purchasing document, including this clause, shall be flowed down to the supply chain.
- PACKAGING REQUIREMENTS – Supplier shall be responsible for ensuring that items provided under the contract/purchase order are packaged in such a manner that contamination and corrosion are prevented, and no physical damage occurs. Supplier is responsible for lost or damaged product.
- FOD PREVENTION – The supplier shall assure that work is accomplished in a manner preventing foreign objects or material from entering and remaining in deliverable items.
- COUNTERFEIT PARTS – Supplier attests to providing conforming, original, and authentic material and does not buy, sell or otherwise deal with gold, tin, tantalum or any other material mined in the DRC.
- INVOICE – The Vac-Met P.O. number shall appear on all invoices, packing lists and correspondence
- CHANGE AUTHORITY – The supplier shall provide, in writing, advance notification to the customer of any change(s) to facilities, materials or processes at the supplier that could affect the customers contracted product.
- NONCONFORMING PRODUCT – Supplier is required to notify Vac-Met, Inc. of nonconforming product or services immediately upon discovery and obtain our organizations approval for nonconforming product disposition as required.
- EMPLOYEE AWARENESS – The supplier shall ensure that all persons/employees are aware of their contribution to product or service conformity, their contribution to product safety and the importance of ethical behavior
- COMPETENCY – All processes (including special processes), regarding this order, shall be performed by qualified/competent personnel.
- PERFORMANCE EVALUATION – Vac-Met, Inc. monitors external provider’s performance based on, Quality of products or service and on time delivery of product or service.
- INTERACTIONS WITH THE ORGANIZATIONVac-Met, Inc. reserves the right to identify the requirements for interaction with our external providers which may include, use of email/fax, documented confirmation methods of all verbal interactions, etc.
- QUALITY SYSTEM – All suppliers to Vac-Met, Inc. are expected to implement a Quality System and Vac-Met, Inc. reserves the right to review and approve the vendors Quality System.
- APPROVAL – Vac-Met, Inc. reserves the right of final approval of product, procedures, processes and equipment; and the release of products. Our organization reserves the right to approve or specify any designs, tests, inspection plans, verifications, use of statistical techniques for product acceptance, and any applicable critical items including key characteristics.
- LIMITED SHELF LIFE – Materials with limited shelf life (epoxy, paint, alloy, adhesives, etc.) shall indicate the date of manufacture, lot number and applicable specification on the container. The Supplier shall supply life limited product with at least 75% of the life remaining.
- CALIBRATION SYSTEM – All Inspection Measuring & Test Equipment used by the Supplier during in-process and final inspection to make a compliance evaluation shall be calibrated to the national standard.
- REQUIREMENT – Suppliers shall use customer-designated or approved external providers including, process source (i.e. special processes) when applicable.
- ITAR – Vac-Met, Inc. is an ITAR compliant facility. All suppliers requiring access into Vac-Met, Inc. must provide proof of citizenship.
- RETENTION – The supplier is required to retain all records associated with the Purchase Order for a minimum of 1 (one) year or as required by contract.
- CONFLICT MINERALS SUPPLIER REQUIREMENTS – Vac-Met, Inc. requires all Suppliers to have policies and due diligence measures in place that will enable us to reasonably assure that products supplied to Vac-Met, Inc., containing any conflict minerals, are DRC Conflict Free.